Friday, January 14, 2011
Adenium can be propagated by seed (commonly referred to as the breeding is mating), and multiplication are not married, such as cuttings, grafting / grafting, grafting and grafting.
Seeds are the result of pollination between the male flowers to female flowers, which then produce fruit and seeds. In a normal fruit (the fruit commonly known as Adenium seedpod), will have between 50 to 100 seeds Adenium. Once cooked, the seeds can be planted to produce new plants. Breeding of seeds, bulbs will produce plants with fast and large base of the stem, but this breeding to produce puppies that have the character / nature other than the parent, so it can not be expected to obtain an identical offspring.
Breeding without breeding (cuttings, grafting, grafting and grafting), is a way of breeding that will produce plants that are genetically identical to their parent. Breeding in this way, ordinary people do to reproduce a variety of easily and quickly. Cuttings and grafts, is faithful to eventually get a plant with a dense canopy, but this does not quickly produce caudex or tubers are big and beautiful. To produce plants with a caudex or tubers Adenium big and beautiful, and to produce editorial that is identical to its parent, then be taken two ways of propagation, ie propagation of seeds to produce plants with beautiful bulbs, and then performed grafting way to get an identical plant canopy nature or characteristics desired by the parent.
Sowing seeds to produce plants that beautifully gnarled. After the age of 8-12 months, the plant was ready for it jointed stems. Before starting the grafting, prepared equipment and materials as follows:
1. Knives for menggrafting. Use a sharp knife and thin, with long blades 8-12 cm. Knives are the most easily searchable cutter knife, but it quickly blunt knife, and can only be used a few times, because they can not re-honed or sharpened. The knife is commonly used for menggrafting Adenium is a type of stainless knife, for example victorinoc brand.
2. Plastics for the binding of the connection / grafting. Can use transparent tape, or use a thin plastic PE, and sliced 2 cm wide.
3. Plastic cover the field of grafting / grafting, can use PE plastic with a size adapted to the size of the area continued. For connection with rootstock 1-2 cm diameter, use a plastic PE size 8 × 12 cm.
4. Labels, labels and pencil rope. Labels are used to write information about the species / varieties to be joined. Can be added on date data connection, to provide certainty when the plastic cover results of grafting may be loaded.
5. Plants that will be grafted. For rootstock, select healthy plants, bulbs and stems are marked with a hard, dark green, and areas of grafting a stem diameter greater than or equal to entress or upper trunk. When cut, white bars no brown or black spots, and sticky with lymph node or white color. While the stem above, choose a healthy, older (marked with dark green color, hard, generally the size of at least 0.5 cm in diameter).